Tuesday, October 21, 2014

My Favorite Nude Lipsticks !




Hey Guys! 

Im back to you guys with a long awaited "Favorite Nudes" post!
If you follow me on IG you know that I'm OBSESSED With Nudes!
I feel like there is a million nudes out there , and I'm almost positive that there will be a shade to compliment you ! For me , Nudes are a flesh tone shade that mimic the appearance of your natural lip color. As you know , not everyones lips are the same shade , or undertone . Thats why I LOVE nudes though, because I'm able to achieve any kind of flesh "like" shade :) 

Below Im going to post swatches of some of my all time favorite "Nude" Lipsticks , From High end to Drugstore. Im always on the hunt though for my next "must have" Nude,  so leave me a comment and let me know which nudes your obsessed with! (Not the X-rated Celeb Leaked Photos Either  ! LOL ) 



Im going to keep it simple with telling you guys about my TOP 6 , 
I will post a swatched arm with regular light and with flash. 
Along those, I will post where you can order them if interested as I didn't post any Limited Edition Lippies :)
With Flash 
without flash






From LEFT to RIGHT 


1. MAC Cosmetics "Myth" Lipstick , This one is one of my ALL TIME Faves , 
Its described as a light brown color , with a presence of coral. I don't feel like this has much brown honestly. But there is enough to where this lipstick doesn't come off completely coral. I adore this lipstick because when paired with a MAC liner such as "Stripdown" Or "Hover" It makes for a beautiful ombre nude shade that doesn't wash me out. This lipstick Is Classified as a "Satin" Finish. Which I love because its not too drying but has great pigmentation. 


2.Rimmel London "Kate" Collection in "14". I ADORE this lipstick , From the finish to the color , I would describe this as a warm brown nude , and normally pair it with a liner such as "Hover" from MAC . I would Classify this lipstick as a "Lustre" In which it applies smooth and shiny . LOVE ! 


3. MAC Cosmetics "Velvet Teddy" I was pleasantly surprised with this one! 
I recently Received a generous package from Gerard Cosmetics & I was THRILLED because I had been eyeing the lipstick in collaboration with "Jaclyn Hill" In the shade "1995" Which was quickly becoming popular on social media but when I received it i was bummed because the pink undertones in the lipstick and the fact that it was matte didn't work well with my skin tone  ( none the less this shade is absolutely gorgeous and I have went on to use it in my freelance Kit ).I went to MAC and found this beauty ! not only is "Velvet Teddy" Matte , But this lipstick has the perfect amount of brown along with pink to suit my warmer complexion. Its also not matte to the point where your lips feel dry. This one is a MUST have for anyone with warmer skin tones :)


4. Mac Cosmetics "Cherish" This Lipstick is actually pretty similar to "Velvet Teddy". The few differences are the fact that this lipstick is of a "Satin" Finish. I also notice more pink undertones in this lipstick which I LOVE because its not too much to where it would look awkward on my lips but i would still be able to achieve something more on the "pinky nude" side :)


5. Coloured Raine Cosmetics "Socialite" Lipstick & Gloss Pot ( Gloss Pot not pictured in arm swatch )  Okay , Let me just say that I wear this shade SO MUCH. I normally won't go for a lipstick this far on the pink side , But I do a few things to achieve my absolute perfect nude shade ! This lipstick would be described as a light pink lipstick with a slight beige undertone. As you probably know I tend to stay clear from light pinks as the can tend to wash someone of my skin tone completely out . I Found that using a brown lip liner like "Hover, Oak, or stripdown all from MAC) BEFORE applying this lipstick completely transforms this entire lipstick . It becomes the perfect nude , having some pink undertones along with flesh and brown undertones . UNTIL recently I would wear this alone. Then this company released the gloss pots ! OMG OBSESSED is an understatement ! I adore these gloss pots , they are extremely creamy and pigmented ! and what I love is that they can be very sheer and also very opaque ! I pair this nude lip with the gloss pot in "Socialite" as it looks amazing along side its sister lipstick ! :)


Ill go ahead and post the gloss pot swatch in the shade "socialite" for you guys below ! 





6. MAC Cosmetics "Blankety" This has been my current obsession as of late ! 
I adore this shade so much ! I would describe this shade as a brown/pink/muave shade ! LOL I don't know how to explain this shade but its gorgeous and makes my lips look so juicy and perfect :) I also like how this lipstick doesn't need a lip liner per say . Its not too pigmented where it calls for a structured lip . It looks very effortless and thats what I love most about this shade ! 



Okay Guys ! These were just some of my favorite nudes ! I could go on and on , but I won't keep you guys for too long ! I apologize for taking forever to get this post out , some of you may know that Ive been moving around a lot lately due to work related things :) I will be getting you guys a Fave Highlighter Post ! 
its becoming an obsession guys :( LOL . 
Hope you enjoyed this post though ! I had a little trouble taking the pictures but I'm sure with time and practice we will be good to go ! Im so happy you guys show interest in this new way for me to talk to you guys about my favorite things ! 

Love you guys ! 

until next time :) 

Aidensempire 




4 comments:

  1. Yay, finally :-) Thanks for sharing all your amazing knowledge. Is there a specific shade you would recommend for light skin tones? Can't wait for your high lighting blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I believe that any of these shades would look good on all skin tones , The trick is to find a complimentary Lip Liner :)
    Thanks for reading this post ! Im actually working on that post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do have a few nude lipstick but not any that you posted. I am most definitely giving them a try as well as the hover lip liner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im glad you found some that you haven't tried ! and yes HOVER lip liner is one of my faves !!

    ReplyDelete